Many of us have been there: A bad day at work capped off with a delivery pizza that you power through all on your own. Realizing that the bowl of trail mix you’ve been dipping in during the game somehow became empty all on its own. A conversation about car payments made with an attentive, understanding carton of ice cream.
“Sleep hygiene” doesn’t mean taking a shower or a bath before you go to bed, although that’s always a good idea. Rather, it’s the best and most efficient way to get the maximum health benefits from sleep. The National Sleep Foundation, NSF, defines sleep hygiene as a group of practices that help maintain regular waking and sleep patterns. These practices can differ from individual to individual, depending on their particular physiology. For example, for a person who struggles with sleepiness during the daytime, the NSF recommends they spend a minimum of eight hours in bed. And someone who has difficulty sleeping at night should limit themselves to seven hours in bed to maintain the sleep pattern.
If work had a bell signifying the end of the day, like it did back when we were in school, we’d likely leave with that same sense of glee as yesteryear. There’s no sound more freeing than the sound of that last bell kicking off summer vacation. And you probably remember that feeling of apprehension in late Summer when faced with going back to school. Aside from the usual end-of-summer blues we all felt, returning to school can bring additional stressors to your children – and yourself. Read more
- Most recommended books on anxiety – Part 4December 7, 2016 - 9:58 pm
- Spending more time on social media ups anxiety and depression...February 23, 2017 - 5:54 pm
- 3 simple ways to get relief from short-term anxietyFebruary 28, 2017 - 6:36 pm
- Attachment anxieties in early years can strain relation...March 7, 2017 - 7:19 pm
- New anxiety medications in development – Part 1: ...March 10, 2017 - 6:52 pm
- Understanding factors behind anxiety attackMay 21, 2018 - 11:08 pm
- Selena Gomez opens up about her battle with depressionApril 25, 2018 - 7:38 pm
- Here’s how breathing techniques, visits to gym helped...April 10, 2018 - 8:22 pm
- Way social media backlashes usersMarch 29, 2018 - 8:57 pm
- How to overcome depression betterMarch 9, 2018 - 11:47 pm